STD Symptoms and Treatment
Early treatment of STDs (sexually transmitted diseases) helps to avoid their complications that can get as severe as infertility or cancer.
STDs spread by being transferred during any type of sexual penetration, be that vaginal, oral or anal. In a lot of cases, the disease cannot be recognized by any clear symptoms. However, the following warning signs should put you on the alert and urge to start treatment as soon as possible.
Symptoms experienced by women:
- Pain accompanying sexual intercourse and urination
- Heavier and longer lasting periods
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Bloody vaginal discharge seen between periods.
Symptoms experienced by men:
- Pain during urination
- Sensations of burning and itching
- Swollen testicles
- Discharge from the penis.
In the case of any of these symptoms, it is best to get examined by a doctor. Following is the list of the most common drugs and medications for STD treatment that your doctor may prescribe.